Candidates for the six-month training programme of UNU-LRT in Iceland, are proposed by institutions and organizations that have been identified as playing a significant role in land restoration and sustainable land management in our partner countries. The UNU-LRT programme is an institutional capacity building programme and we, therefore, do not accept applications from individuals. The training of the fellows is considered a contribution to the capacity building of our partner institutions and they nominate potential candiates who are interviewed by UNU-LRT staff.
The UNU-LRT Programme promotes gender equality and strives to offer training to both men and women.
The selection criteria used when recruiting fellows:
- The candidate should have at least one university degree in an area relevant to UNU-LRT field of work
- The candidate should have at least one year of experience working in an area relevant to the UNU-LRT Programme
- The candidate must be able to communicate in English (speak, read and write) since the working language in the UNU-LRT Programme is English
- The candidate should be under the age of 40
- Candidates are evaluated and selected through an extensive personal interview in their home countries, where he/she needs to be able to:
a) prove their ability to communicate in English
b) explain their work and their role at the institute
c) discuss and identify current problems in the fields of sustainable land management and land restoration
d) display thorough understanding of their professional work and how it relates to sustainable land management and restoration of degraded land